18/07/2015

#poem #poetry #amwriting sketchbook from my notebook 3

excuse me but after eating paella - my recipe - and dealing with the craving I had for it - I was trying to find a way of typifying paprika and saffron as my experience of summer
....

the paprika and saffron fuse
as we get a taste for sunshine

...

the saffron and paprika mark
the opening of arms
to embrace the sun lengthened days
shadows undertone taste
the sweetening redness

...

sun warmed n saffron
the red tomatoes simmer
with paprika -
chicken skin picks up the colour
as each pimpled feather lost
seeks wings to fly

...

the summer soup of saffron
brings me to the bench
- the storm of winter
brings the sea ever closer -
as below - from the cliff
tumbles mammoth bones
or lumps of chalk
each more dead than written

...

peace:)


The Blue Book

No comments:

Post a Comment